Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are younot to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Karma “Biatch” Slap


Being in a relationship/dating-ship or friendship with benefits that is not blessed from God will have the following symptoms:
• There is very little momentum and magical moments
• You just battle to communicate or even arrange for things to do together
My opinion anyways! I could remember with the one guy that I dated in the beginning of this year, things were smooth… we would sit around at his place and I would suggest to do a short hike, twenty minutes later we would create the most unforgettable memories. This was spontaneous from both parties. Marco Polo was sticky, we have already touched the subject of the Five Languages of Love, I’m the time person, and I dislike grand gestures or constant public affection. Spend time with you and your share prices grow quicker than Zimbabwe inflation.

Last week I opted to instead go out with some friends instead of spending time with him, instant red flag… caused I liked this guy, but I just had the need to spend time with friends instead. My weekend starter is a rom-com DVD at home, while watching The Ugly Truth on Friday afternoon, What is your weekend starter?
One of my five armed response guards called to check-in on the Marco Polo-situation, I thanked him and decided that this was the answer I needed… I then called Marco Polo to inform him that I think we should rather just be friends.

The rest of the weekend was very relaxing following this conversation, I once heard that every girl is the relationship she created, now, now, ladies – if you are experiencing any of the following emotions:
• Insecurity
• Self-doubt
• The need for constant reminders that he likes you
According to The Ugly Truth and my Marco Polo stories, chances are: “He is not that into you” you will do yourself a tremendous favor by exiting, running or breaking it…

Given the tremendous self-esteem boost I got from that, I once again considered breaking one of my longest, most-forgiving lover’s relationships – my habit of smoking.

While I was considering it, I had an epiphany karma moment; I received an sms from my father, informing me that my mother has started smoking. Both of my parents have never smoked, both of them are in the medical industry, hence can you just imagine my sheer shock when I found out that she has started smoking?

I started smoking to rebel against them, now I have to quit in order to rebel against her…

Quitting smoking is similar to walking away from a bad boyfriend. You realize you have reached your sell-by date, you just have to bid farewell to your irresponsible, but fun little visits together.

2 comments:

  1. My love language is also quality time. My hubby's is physical affection. We've both had to work at filling each other's love tanks through each other's love language, rather than our own.

    I couldn't stand The Ugly Truth, but I guess one can still take a couple of lessons from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tamara

    Thank you kindly for your comment. I think you and your hubby's methodology is excellent, definitely something I will follow soon!

    ReplyDelete