Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are younot to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Heart Guards


In South Africa, we do have a problem with crime; but the upside of the crime problem is that South Africans are taught to be street smart and have a perspective of mindfulness in our daily routine. We select various methodologies to ensure that our life is not exposed to crime. We stay in security complexes, we have good insurance and we employ the services of an armed response unit. You attend self defense courses; you do not stop at dodgy traffic lights after nine p.m. and you own pepper spray.

It is the trade-off you have to make if you stay in South Africa, but the brilliant, beautiful truth is, we have South Africa. One of the most awesome, beautiful opportunistic countries in the world! Our lifestyle are relatively affordable, you can travel less than an hour to a stunning, breath-taking country side if you would like to unwind, we have the big five and the people here is awesome, we are warm and generous.

When you sign up for an armed response, you read through their marketing material, knowing that you are protected, come what may, if you make the call you will have at least five, trained, strong men by your side to fight off the tsotsi’s (criminals)… If I take so much drastic measures to ensure the safety of the physical and my assets, what kind of protection can I offer to my heart?

Most initial relationships, offer some sort of security, either in terms of him leaving a pair of sneakers at your place, or a far off future appointment together, or the introduction to friends/parents. But you do have a bit of security.
My historical Prince Charming, asked me to be his girlfriend on our second date, on the Monday we changed our Facebook status, it did give some sort of security. I am not seeing it with Marco Polo, last night I told my friends the stories, and I asked them I wanted my bit of armed response unit with my heart? Or a burglar bar to protect myself?

“This is life, Nadia. You win some, you lose some. If you are dating you always know there is a 50/50 chance that things might work out or things might end. The best you can do is giving everything, so if it doesn’t work out, you can exit without any guilt.”

After my short pep talk, I realized I did have burglar bars and an armed response unit, my five best friends in the world that would be there to protect me if I fall…

2 comments:

  1. Woah. This post really made me think. Very well written. And very thought-provoking.

    Best wishes,

    ~Zabrinah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Zabrinah, appreciate your comments!! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete