Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are younot to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sensible versus Responsible



I have started with this new little silly game, it is “a sensible girl will…” so whenever an opportunity arises I would ask myself the question: “A sensible girl will go out for drinks on a Monday night with the Yummy Wrestler?” the answer quite obvious would be “NO” then I would start arguing with myself: “Do I always want to be the sensible one?” clearly I then sms the Yummy Wrestler, I’ll see you in 5!

Last weekend was a hectic weekend, only climbing into bed at 5am on Sunday morning; on Sunday afternoon I was so tired, but it was true bliss, for the first time in months, I did not have an urge to go out, do silly things or make trouble, must be the bliss normal people feel daily…

Getting back to the sensible story… my front seat was filled with hockey sticks earlier this week, so one of my girlfriends had to sit in the back when we went to hockey. (In South Africa we are not used to cabs) hence, this was quite a new feeling to me chauffeuring someone… I utilized this opportunity to play: “You are now my conscious, I will ask all these several things” Needless to say the good friend she is, cleared up a couple of pending issues for me… i.e. It is ok to have a Plan B, Plan C and Plan D… more than four plans become a bit psycho.

I saw Marco Polo again last night for the first time in almost two weeks (please note I only knew him for two weeks before his major trip) After a fairly nice chat at his place, he recommended we visit my local pub, I replied saying “you have to be the sensible one, please no more than two tequilas and I need to be in my bed no later than midnight”

The debate was then opened: Do I really want to be sensible or responsible?? I picked up on the word sensible, in Pride and Prejudice (not sure of the characters names)

Boy: “Would you like to dance?”
Girl: “Don’t you think it will be more sensible to have a proper conservation instead of dancing?”
Boy: “Yes, it might be more sensible, but what fun will it be?”
Sometimes, I strive to be this girl, only for a tenth of my life, I belief in perfect balance.

Getting back to the sensible story… I dictionary-ed the words Sensible and Responsible:

Sensible – Having, using or showing good sense

Responsible – causing things to happen  I am responsible in the sense of a characteristic, because I cause things to happen… my internal warzone calmed down after I saw this description and I adopted my lovely new orphan child – responsible… breaking up my loving affair with “Sensible” and celebrated with Marco Polo and Tequila!

No comments:

Post a Comment